Friday, January 10, 2014

Learning and Creating...2014

My commitment this year to myself is to continue to learn as much as possible..
I am taking new classes and participating in a few online journeys.  Hope I can keep up with all the arty goodness. 
Thought I would try a little something new and journal a bit in Effy's BOD 2014 group.  She posted this sketch of a face and gave it to us to create with...
I started with pieces of very thin collage papers, then a thin layer of gesso.  I "podged" on the image that I printed off from her and I did some spongeing over some CW stencils and doodling.  The stamped (only one) image is called "dandelion duo" from the Stampotique store by Jo Capper-Sandon and I used a white Prima chalk ink.  Her hair is Americana acyrics...purple pizzazz and Napa Red.  Love them..Wish you could really see the yellow..it is Golden's Interference gold (fine) liquid acylic.
She wanted us to use our "word" for the year...mine is "improve" but bliss is what came to mind here for me.  :)   Thanks for looking!

Posting to:


http://stampotiquedesignerschallenge.blogspot.com/2013/12/sdc-january-2014-challenge-links.html
I got the new Prima chalk ink dabbers from Santa  :)  
http://art-journal-journey.blogspot.com/    silence...  silence is bliss...
http://balzerdesigns.typepad.com/

20 comments:

roc said...

wonderful!

cathy parmelee said...

love it!!

Sue said...

Jane this is beautiful, you are such an artist! Have a great weekend xx

froebelsternchen said...

wow--fantastic design with all the layers!
looks gorgeous!
Have fun with all the artsy classes !

Looking forward to see much of your art this year!
Thank you for joining Art Journal Journey!
xxx
Susi

SCarol said...

This is so effective. I love the white stmaping and writing on the face.

Corrie Herriman said...

This is wonderful Jane !
COrrie x

~*~Patty S said...

Silence IS Bliss
and
I Love your pretty colorful page very much!
oxo

Netty said...

loving your gorgeous page Jane, Annette x

Anonymous said...

A really gorgeous page with a fantastic design, beautiful colors and writing on the face.

I love it!

Annette P.-L. said...

Gorgeous page!! I like this great composition!!!

*Arwen* said...

Brilliant Jane! WOW

xx Arwen

Karin said...

wow this looks gorgeous, have fun with the online classes!
happy new year!
Groetjes Karin

Linda said...

Jane this is wonderful! I love how you do all of the wonderful layers and beautiful cool and texture. Really amazing.

Unknown said...

What an Awesome page. I love the way you journaled over her face in white.

Hope your enjoying your weekend.

Hugs~

Kay Wallace said...

Love you how have used the Dandelion Duo stamp in your project, Jane! Also, glad to see you here (on the other side) today! Thanks for joining us again this week at Stampotique.

Kaz said...

I love this Jane and bliss is a perfect word for it xxx

Aloquin said...

The colors go great together :) I totally get "bliss", too. You captured it well. I'd probably participate in stuff like that, too, but I haven't a printer. Oh well. At least I'm participating in "Art Journal Every Day" along with you! :) I think I may use too many asterik smiles, lol.

Jeannette said...

georgus page,i love your colorful lady of silence,its fablouos!!!

schulmanart said...

I'm so glad that I found your blog through Julie Fei-Fan Balzer! This piece is so unique but so beautiful! I love the colors you used on the girl!

MarveLes Art Studios said...

love the face, love the colors, love it ALL jane! beautiful, and so fun to take in the arty goodness! xo