Saturday, January 19, 2013

Unscripted Sat Sketch and some odds and ends..

New sketch at the Unscripted Sketches blog..I made a quickie postcard.
Once week out of every month they (US blog) adds a "piggy back" on to the challenge.  This Sat they are asking to use a sticker somewhere along with the sketch.  I love this sentiment I just got from a company called "mama elephant"  ..there are a bunch of other cute sentiments in the set too..I think it is called "good times".  I used paper from Studio Calico pad called "darling dear".  Love the designs on the pad.   The scraps with ink are just cut book pages and the sticker is from a 7 gypsies pack.  If you are just looking to create..stop over at the US blog and follow a different sketch each week!  Easy peasy... back of post card below..using "postcard" word image from Stampotique.
Now, just to share with you... A few pics..I am in an art group with a few girls that meet once a month..Each of us takes a turn "hosting" and presenting a new topic.  Let me tell you...if you can do this..It is so worth it!  I cant tell you how awesome it is to be with some really creative and fun girls!
Here we were working on boards with spackling paste and stencils....really fun..some of us made books and I made a picture for my wall..still havent framed it yet...

I also found out I am  fortunate to live not TOO terribly  far from the founder of "Altered Arts" magazine...So cool to meet THE Cyndi Duncan and be involved in the same art group with her!  She is one creative soul!

I hope you all decide to "stretch your creative wings" this New Year...I know that between this and going back to art school for a few classes I am running in the right direction!  Thanks for LOOKING!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just did a two page art journal spread today with spackling paste...I love it!!

Linda said...

OH an art group sounds like so much fun.
Love the picture you made and the post card. You are so clever.

Unknown said...

Oh my gosh I just love that sentiment. It has me smiling. Sounds like you are having some creative fun.. Way to go girly..

Hugs~

Terry said...

Nothing gets those creative juices running like classes or just getting together with crafters! This is absolutely gorgeous and I do love that texture!

Connie said...

I have spent the last 45 minutes or so going through some of your past posts. I feel so inspired and nourished . . . ready to go into my studio and create art. Thank you . . . you are amazing. I love your journal pages.
Have a marvelous art-filled day.
Your blogging sister, Connie :)

Cyndi Duncan said...

Ick! Not a great picture. LOL.