Friday, April 20, 2012

A heart-felt post...

Today is a special day for me and the hub...33 yrs ago we got married :)
The quote is from a Beatles song...  The photo is on a painted canvas and dp sewn.  More... is that we just lost my fil one week ago today..he was 95 and theeeee best "dad" anyone could ever have.  He took this picture of us on the family couch on one of our first dates.  People tell me "you had him for a long time"...yep...but it never takes away the hurt.  I just know there is a party goin on right now in Heaven...tfl

5 comments:

Gez Butterworth said...

oh Jane what a beautiful, beautiful canvas. The words had me in tears, so precious. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Sending you gently hugs, Gez.xx

Renkata said...

Gongrats dear Jane.
Precious card.

Pam Sparks said...

awwwww... so sorry to read this Jane! He did have an amazing long life... the celebration is grand I'm sure! Hold those wonderful memories close... I know you will and treasure them always. What a blessing you had such a wonderful relationship!

AND Congrats and clapping from here on your wedding anniversary! Awesome! So happy for you!

wonderful creation to mark the date!!!

Linda McClain said...

Ah, sweet Jane. What a precious post and a wonderful way to honor his memory. Hugs, love.

Linda said...

Oh my goodness this is a wonderful card. Happy anniversary!
My fil is 96 and a wonderful man. I think the longer you have them around the more you think they will be here forever and that makes it so hard when they aren't here. Sending you a big hug. Try to find comfort in knowing that he knows all the secrets now and is in a wonderful peaceful place.